Terms and Conditions
Access to and use of www.docacademy.org and any digital content therein within the UK is provided by The British Documentary Film Foundation, a company limited by guarantee trading as The BRITDOC Foundation (“BRITDOC Foundation”) subject to the following terms:
- By using www.docacademy.org you agree to be bound by these terms, which shall take effect immediately on your first use of the website. If you do not agree to be bound by all of the following terms please do not access, use or download content from www.docacademy.org.
- BRITDOC Foundation may from time to time change these terms so you should check these terms regularly. Your continued use of www.docacademy.org will be deemed acceptance of any updated or amended terms. If you do not agree to the changes, you should stop using the website.
- You agree to use www.docacademy.org only for lawful purposes.
- Ownership of all copyright, trade marks, design rights, patents and other intellectual property rights (registered and unregistered) in and on www.docacademy.org and all content located on the sites shall remain vested in BRITDOC Foundation or its licensors. You may not copy, reproduce, republish, disassemble, decompile, reverse engineer, download, post, broadcast, transmit, make available to the public, or otherwise use www.docacademy.org content in any way except for educational use (within educational institutions), your personal use and non-commercial use. You also agree not to adapt, alter or create a derivative work from any www.docacademy.org content except for educational use (within educational institutions), personal use and non-commercial use. Any other use of www.docacademy.org content requires the prior written permission of the BRITDOC Foundation.
- If you're under 16 you must have a parent's or guardian’s permission before registering for an account with www.docacademy.org.
- The BRITDOC Foundation is not responsible for the availability or content of any third party sites that are accessible through www.docacademy.org. Any links to third party websites do not amount to an endorsement of those sites by the BRITDOC Foundation and any use of such sites by you is at your own risk.
- To the extent permitted by law, the BRITDOC Foundation excludes all representations and warranties (whether express or implied by law), including the implied warranties of satisfactory quality, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. BRITDOC Foundation does not guarantee the timeliness, completeness or performance of the website or any of the content. While we try to ensure that all content provided by the BRITDOC Foundation is correct at the time of publication no responsibility is accepted by or on behalf of BRITDOC Foundation for any errors, omissions or inaccurate content on the website.
- BRITDOC Foundation does not warrant that functions available on www.docacademy.org will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected, or that www.docacademy.org or the server that makes it available are free of viruses or bugs. You acknowledge that it is your responsibility to implement sufficient procedures and virus checks (including anti-virus and other security checks) to satisfy your particular requirements for the accuracy of data input and output.
- BRITDOC Foundation will not be liable for any damages (including without limitation damages for loss of profit, revenue or anticipated savings) arising in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use www.docacademy.org or any of its contents or from any action taken (or refrained from being taken) as a result of using www.docacademy.org or any such contents.
- You will defend, indemnify and hold harmless BRITDOC Foundation, our affiliates and our officers, directors, employees and agents from and against any and all claims, liabilities, damages, losses or expenses, including reasonable legal costs, arising out of or in any way connected with any breach by you of these Terms and Conditions of Use.
- The failure or delay of BRITDOC Foundation to exercise or enforce any right in these terms does not waive BRITDOC’s right to enforce that right.
- These terms shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of England and Wales which shall have exclusive jurisdiction over any disputes.
© The British Documentary Film Foundation